Why Is Life Better at Lee’s Ford Resort & Marina?
Well, everyone has their particular reasons, but here are 10 reasons we hear from people who have their vessels docked at the marina and others who come back to stay and play at our marina & resort every year! After your visit, let us know why you think life's better at Lee’s Ford Resort & Marina.
- More time on the water and less time on the road. We’re the closest marina on Lake Cumberland from I-75. And, when you get here, you’re not out in the middle of nowhere! While we’re located just 3 miles from Somerset, Kentucky (population 59,000), you’re still wrapped in the solitude of Lee’s Ford Resort & Marina, while at the same time close to the conveniences you want and deserve! Within a 20 minute drive from Lee’s Ford there’s Burnside Island Golf Course, one of the top rated 18 hole golf courses in the United States, Somersplash, a new city-owned water park with 3 slides and more being added, a skate park, retail shopping, national chain restaurants, our regional airport, Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital, a comprehensive regional hospital and more.
- If you have a vessel which stays on Lake Cumberland, our naturally protected harbor provides comfort and protection for your investment. Some marinas make you feel like you’re riding the “open water”, but, with the calm and pleasant waterways at Lee’s Ford Resort & Marina, our boat owner guests say, “it’s like sitting on a porch with water as your backyard!” Plus, we offer full-time security service to protect your investment.
- The Harbor Restaurant and Tavern has been nationally featured in Southern Living Magazine and was also acclaimed by travel writer Gary West in the book, “Eating Your Way Across Kentucky, 101 Must Places to Eat”, with forward by Kentucky entertainment personality Byron Crawford. Come find out why for yourself. The award winning dishes include a unique variety of soups, salads, sandwiches, steaks and seafood, all seasoned and prepared for a dining experience to remember. We also offer a delicious assortment of deserts including pies, cakes and cobblers. And we’ve got a kids menu with a great assortment of burgers, chicken, pasta and fish. Finally, the tavern features a full service antique bar built in 1860 which has been meticulously restored to its original splender and has been said to have even been frequented by Jesse James (the original one) on a number of occasions.
- Deliveries are available from the Harbor Restaurant and Tavern right to your boat, just call in your order before you arrive at the marina or call from your boat. Either way, less time cooking and more time enjoying the lake!
- From the bridge to the ramp to your boat, not by foot but on golf carts provided and driven by us! When you are about to arrive at Lee’s Ford, just give us a quick call and we’ll meet you at the parking lot ramp to take you and your “stuff” to your boat. We make “transitioning” from the road to your vessel “hassle free” so you get to the water quicker. No other dock on Lake Cumberland is configured to provide you this type of service! Finally, we offer shuttle service from the marina to the restaurant and throughout the entire resort and all parking areas on the property for all of our guests.
- Some marinas require you to provide your own cart for hauling, but not Lee’s Ford Resort & Marina. And, if you do want to load your vessel without our help to get the exercise, don’t worry about taking the cart back to the ramp when you’re finished, we’ll take it back for you.
- Our marina ship store is the most comprehensive on Lake Cumberland. We offer boating parts, accessories, bumpers and most anything you need for your watercraft. And if you call us and tell us what you need whether it’s a part or just a bag of ice we’ll deliver it to your vessel. Plus, we offer affordable lake merchandise from brand names such as O’Brien, Sperry, Oakley and Panama Jack. And if you get hungry or thirsty we offer a full-service snack bar to meet your needs.
- We know your investment is like your “floating condo”, so we’ve made it convenient for you to use your vessel year round! Many of our guests like to visit the lake during the non-traditional winter season. Most marinas shut off water service during the alternative season. We make sure our boat owner guests have water all year long.
- We provide trash collection service from April 1 thru October 31. Just put your bagged trash in front of your vessel and we’ll take it to the dumpster for you. Also a pet area is available for playing and bathroom needs.
- Our contracted boat owner guest can access their account information online to keep track of their expenses associated with any services purchased at Lee’s Ford Resort & Marina.